Permits and Reservations

Most of our park visitors will not need a special permit or reservation. Entrance to Casa Grande Ruins National Monument is free. Most programs are first come, first served. Groups of 15 or more are asked to make reservations. School groups and commercial tours are required to make reservations. Any group who needs special programs or services needs to call the park at least 3 weeks in advance.

Visitors using the park grounds for commercial activities or private events beyond regular park hours do need a permit. Please read the special use permit policy document (see below) to see if your planned event needs a permit. If you have questions not answered within these documents please call the park, we'll be happy to assist or suggest possible alternatives.

Special Events and Special Tours may have limited seating or restrictions as to how many may attend. These will require reservations and you should call the park to reserve a place. Speaking to a ranger (not leaving a voice mail or sending an email) is the only way to reserve your spot.


General Information and Standard Application
Special Use Permit Policy (137 KB PDF file)
Please read the policy statement to see if you actually do need to apply for a special use permit.

Special Use Permit- Application Form 10-930

"Outdoor Kitchen"

If you wish to rent the park's outdoor kitchen a special use permit is required. For this permit the application fee is $120. Please call the park at (520) 723-3172 to discuss your event, dates desired, and restrictions necessary.

Outdoor Kitchen Special Use Permit


Photography (Still Photographs, Video, Movies)

  1. Filming:
    • Effective October 28, 2022, the National Park Service rescinded interim guidance that was in place during litigation regarding commercial filming and has returned to longstanding laws and regulations governing commercial filming in parks.
    • Videographers, filmers, producers, directors, and other staff associated with filming are reminded that rules and regulations that apply to all park visitors still apply to filming activities even if no permit is needed for their activity. Check with the park staff for more information on closures, sensitive resources, and other safety tips.
    • For more information: Filming & Still Photography (U.S. National Park Service) (
  2. Still photography activities require a permit only when:

a. The activity takes place at location(s) where or when members of the public are generally not allowed; or

b. The activity uses model(s), sets(s), or prop(s) that are not a part of the location's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities; or

c. The park would incur additional administrative costs to monitor the activity;

d. The park needs to provide management and oversight to:

1. Avoid impairment or incompatible use of the resources and values of the park, or

2. Limit resource damage, or

3. Minimize health or safety risks to the visiting public.

3.News coverage does not require a permit, for either filming or still photography, but is subject to time, place, and manner restrictions, if warranted, to maintain order and ensure the safety of the public and the media, and protect natural and cultural resources.


Photography Permit Application Form 10-932



  • Tour Groups Groups over 15 people need to make reservations in advance of their visit. The availability of the park auditorium, volunteer guides, seating limitations, and other related concerns can be addressed when making the reservation. If you are planning both the tour and the park film please allow a minimum of 1 1/2 hours for your visit.

  • School Groups (including Colleges and Universities) Please call ahead. Groups of 15 or more need to make a reservation.

Last updated: March 14, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

1100 W. Ruins Drive
Coolidge, AZ 85128


520 723-3172
General park contact number includes a phone tree for finding the employee you wish to contact. Callers may dial zero for the phone attendant. Voicemail is available for many of the extensions.

Contact Us