Casa Grande National Monument is modifying operations to support federal, state, and local efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are working to increase access to the park in a phased approach.
Beginning October 6, based on guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to the park is as follows:
- Visitor center information desk, monument bookstore, Compound A and the picnic area Tuesday through Saturday during the hours of 9 am until 4 pm.
- Compound A is the area normally open to the public for visitation which includes the Great House and visible ruins immediately surrounding the Great House
- The visitor center theater and exhibits.
- All public access to the monument on Sundays and Mondays.
- All programs: no guided tours of the ruins available at this time.
During your visit:
- Recreate responsibly and slow the spread by maintaining a 6' physical distance between you and others.
- Recreate with those who live with you and follow local public health guidance.
- Please wear face coverings to protect those around you when 6' distancing is difficult.
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services may be limited. When recreating, please follow local area health orders, practice Leave No Trace principles, and avoid crowding and high-risk outdoor activities.
The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all monument functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health