|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Lauren McKean, Park Planner, (508) 957-0731
Join us for this year’s Highlands Fest on Saturday, June 30th from 10 am to 1 pm. Our theme, Right Here Right Now, captures the essence of the Highlands Center partner’s initiatives to act now to lead more sustainable and healthy lifestyles to benefit our planet and ourselves.
Right Here Right Now was inspired by the Center for Coastal Studies’ 1,000 Friends of Right Whales Emergency Initiative. The critically endangered North Atlantic right whale may be extinct by 2050; the Center for Coastal Studies is working to increase the whale’s chance for survival.
Join us for:
- Live music and circus arts with Payomet Performing Arts Center
- Right Whale Exhibit and Wave Observation Walk with the Center for Coastal Studies
- Healthy Parks Healthy People with Cape Cod Healthcare
- Mural Painting with AmeriCorps Cape Cod
- Yoga at the Overlook with Cape Cod National Seashore
- Seed Planting and Nutrition Education with Sustainable CAPE and Truro Public Library
- Woods Walk Tour with AmeriCorps Cape Cod
- Wood Kiln Tour with Truro center for the Arts at Castle Hill
Highlands Fest is an annual celebration of the Highlands Center at Cape Cod National Seashore by its partner organizations: Barnstable County AmeriCorps Cape Cod, Cape Cod National Seashore, Payomet Performing Arts Center, Center for Coastal Studies, Sustainable CAPE, and Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill. We will also be joined by the Healthy Parks Healthy People team from Cape Cod Healthcare and Truro Public Library.
Take Route 6 to the Highland Light Exit in North Truro. Go east on Highland Road. Take a right onto South Highland Road, and take the second left onto Old Dewline Road. The Highlands Center is at the end of the road.