*Cabrillo National Monument requires 21 business days’ notice to process any and all permit requests.
Weddings require a special use permit from the park and must comply with specific guidelines. Completed applications for Special Use Permits for weddings must be received by the park no less than 21 busness days' prior to the start of the event. The application must include a non-refundable $100 application fee to reserve the date and time. Please download the guidelines and application files below.
How do I get a permit:
1) Read and review our Wedding Guidelines/fees information. Weddings at Cabrillo National Monument are beautiful but they do come with specific conditions that we want our brides and grooms to be aware of.
2) E-mail us if you have questions regarding the availability of specific dates. Please note, weddings at Cabrillo National Monument are only permitted to take place at the Event Bluff. Weddings are permitted for one hour of priority use. Cabrillo National Monument does not grant exclusive use.
3) Fill out and submit your Permit application (choose the appropriate format (pdf) (Word) ) with a non-refundable $100 application fee (check or money order made out to - National Park Service). Completed applications for Special Use Permits must be received by the park.
Scanned applications can be attached via e-mail. To hand deliver or mail applications please use the following address:
Cabrillo National Monument
C/O Special Park Uses
1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive
San Diego, CA 92106
Please keep in mind that a permit request is just a request until you have received official confirmation from Park Staff.
4) Once your application has been received by the park, Park Staff will get back to you as soon as possible. This e-mail will include a pending permit and additional conditions for you to print, sign and return via e-mail or mail. You will also be notified of any cost recovery fees you are responsible for paying at this time.
5) When Park Staff receive your signed copies of the Permit and Wedding Conditions you will be notified that the Superintendent has approved your wedding permit and you date is officially confirmed. Please note, all permits are pending until you receive this notification via e-mail.
Please read and review the guidelines/fees, then return the application. Applications can be scanned and attached via e-mail