- Please watch for pedestrians while in Cabrillo National Monument.
- Watch the roadways for wildlife – cottontails, squirrels, snakes, and lizards are frequently seen on the roads in and around the monument.
- Fog, low clouds, or mist can occur at any time of the year and reduce visibility considerably. Use headlights and caution.
- Catalina Blvd., the road approaching Cabrillo National Monument, has a maximum speed limit of 35 MPH. The speed is reduced to 15 MPH as you near the entrance station.
- The road leading to the tidepools, Cabrillo Road, has a maximum speed limit of 25 MPH.
- Many bicyclists, walkers, and joggers use Catalina Blvd. and Cabrillo Memorial Drive daily. Keep an eye out for them and use caution when they are nearby.
- Please be aware that the monument is surrounded by Navy property, and access to those areas is strictly limited.
- Catalina Blvd. / Cabrillo Memorial Drive are also known as State Highway 209.