» Water Resources Scoping Report: Boston Harbor Islands – A National Park Area, Massachusetts (Technical Report NPS/NRWRD/NRTR-2002/300).
The final section of the report (Considerations for Future Actions) provides the Boston Harbor Islands Partnership with suggestions for future action:
- endorse and support Massachusetts Water Resources Authority’s (MWRA) harbor-wide water quality monitoring efforts and support collaboration with the pending NPS “vital signs” monitoring program;
- endorse further erosion research and monitoring and the development of potential mitigation alternatives;
- consider additional intertidal zone inventory and research activities;
- enhance water and wastewater infrastructure planning;
- continue Mass. Department of Conservation & Recreation recreational water quality monitoring within the Boston Harbor Islands national park area;
- assess needs and establish priorities to complete necessary environmental audits;
- endorse The Trustees Of Reservations wetlands restoration activities / support actions to identify other potential restoration activities;
- enhance awareness of invasive species issues and concerns;
- facilitate the exchange of additional sensitive resource information for incorporation into spill contingency planning activities;
- commission a study to evaluate maintenance needs of sea walls and rip-rap and to determine the impact of these structures on geomorphic processes;
- incorporate water-related recommendations into the Boston Harbor Islands national park area strategic plan.