The goal of the Marketing Committee is to increase public awareness of and visitation to the Boston Harbor Islands National Park Area. The Committee provides leadership in the provision of public information, promotion, advertising and marketing the Park and its programs.
The Marketing Committee will focus on branding the Boston Harbor Islands National Park Area with a consistent look and message for all verbal, print, visual, audio- visual and other multi-media materials. The Committee will coordinate its efforts with the Operations Committee and other committees as needed.
The Committee will:
- Develop, recommend and distribute design standards for all promotional materials including press releases and press kits.
- Develop a signage system for the islands and mainland gateways in conjunction with other committees.
- Develop and implement a promotional strategy for the park including free press as well as paid advertising.
- Develop advertising materials.
- Create presentation materials and a speaker's bureau to represent the park.
- Create the Partnership's annual activity calendar.
- Work with the Island Alliance to develop and expand its mission and goals.
- Advise and support the development of park publications.
- Review related partner activities for consistency with the look and message developed to brand the park.