|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christy Strand, (423) 569-9778
Contact: Effie HoustonBig South Fork National River and Recreation area has set the deadline for submitting entries for the park's sixth annual photography contest at 4:30 PM (ET) on Friday, July 31, 2020.
Images may show wildlife, plant life, natural landscapes, historic areas, weather, or people interacting with nature within the boundaries of the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
Photographs may be submitted into one of seven categories:
- Dark Skies – Expansive and dramatic view of the night sky within the boundaries of the park.
- Flora & Fauna – Animals in their natural habitat, including close-ups of invertebrates, or plants in their natural habitat, including close-ups of flowers, fungi, lichen, and algae.
- Human History – Photographs that illustrate historic or culturally significant structures.
- Kentucky Landscapes – Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Kentucky park boundaries.
- Recreation – Photographs of people participating in recreational activities.
- Tennessee Landscapes – Expansive and dramatic views of the land and its features within the Tennessee park boundaries.
- Youth – Category for photographers under 18 years of age.
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand-delivered, or mailed to park headquarters at:
Big South Fork NRRA
4564 Leatherwood Road
Oneida, Tennessee 37841
Attn: Photo Exhibit
All entries must be received by 4:30 PM (ET) on Friday, July 31, 2020.
For more information on the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, please call (423) 569-9778.
Last updated: December 20, 2019