|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christopher Derman, 423-569-9778Big South Fork NRRA has announced the winners of this year's annual photo contest. Photographers were invited to submit striking digital images highlighting the spectacular views, dark night skies, historic sites, recreational opportunities, and diversity of life in the park.
Entries to the contest were judged by members of the Southern Appalachian Nature Photographers.
The category winners of this year’s photo contest are:
- Youth: “Butterfly on Flower,” by Joslyn Riddle
- Recreation: “Big South Fork Country,” by Theresa Reynolds
- Dark Skies: “A Stellar View of the O&W,” by Travis Tracey
- Flora & Fauna: “Red-Spotted Purple Admiral,” by Peggy Yaeger
- Kentucky Landscapes: “Yahoo Falls,” by Ruth Ann Palmer
- Tennessee Landscapes: “under Shadow of South Arch,” by Travis Tracey
- Human History: “Memories of the Burnt Mill,” by Nichole Newport
Photographers are encouraged to grab their cameras and visit Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. For more information about the park photo contest click here. The park will announce the 2022 photo contest soon.
Last updated: September 7, 2021