Is your organization considering a community-service project in Big Bend? Here are some tips:
- Call us with as much advance notice as possible. Three weeks is the minimum advance notice for organizing a work project.
- Smaller groups of 10-15 volunteers are optimal for work projects at Big Bend.
- Vigilent, engaged leaders are a key to the success of volunteer work groups.
- Ability to dedicate at least six hours to a service project.
- Be flexible on your dates and, if possible, schedule your work days on weekdays.
- During our peak periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or the month of March) we do not have the available resources to accommodate service projects.
- Plan on bringing your own camping equipment.