Permits & Reservations

Guided Tour Reservation Information
The park is open 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM with 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM guided tour times September through May and 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM with 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM tour times June through August. A short demonstration is included with the tour. Western National Parks Association's Bookstore offers videos, maps, and books for sale about the fort and the Santa Fe Trail. Plan on your visit lasting at least 2 hours. Call (719) 383-5026 for reservations.

There is a living history fee of $3.00 for adults, $2.00 for 6 to 12 year olds and is free for children under 6 years of age. The park collects a $5 person event fee (fee subject to change) for anyone over 6 years of age during major events which include the Santa Fe Trail Encampment, Hispanic Heritage Day, Native American Heritage Day, Old Fashioned 4th of July, Fur Trade Encampment and the Traditional Holiday Celebration. This will be in lieu of the regular $3 fee. Fees are collected at the fort. There should be one adult for each 10 children if possible, to help direct and supervise the group. Calendar of Events.

Special Use Permits
Permits are required for any activity that requires extended or special attention and/or may have a bearing on the resources. This includes weddings, events, filming and photography. For a long term or short term, special use permit or a long or short term film permit, click on one of those below:
Special Use Permit Application Short Form
Special Use Permit Application Long Form
Special Park Uses Permit
Commercial Filming Permit Application Short Form
Commercial Filming Permit Application Long Form
Vehicle Use Special Permit Application


Last updated: March 19, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

35110 State Highway 194 E.
La Junta, CO 81050


(719) 383-5010

Contact Us