The National Park Service is working service-wide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to the park is as follows:
- Andersonville National Historic Site grounds, including Andersonville National Cemetery, are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.
- The National Prisoner of War Museum and Visitor Center is open at a reduced capacity daily from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- The museum theater remains closed.
- Public restrooms are open.
- Committal services for eligible veterans and their families are offered at a reduced capacity as scheduled.
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services may be limited. When recreating, please follow local area health orders and recreate responsibly
by keeping social distance, wearing a face covering when social distance cannot be maintained, avoiding high risk activities, and staying home if you feel sick.The CDC has offered guidance
to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.