Wisconsin Monument

Authorized in 1903 and dedicated on 17 October 1907, the Wisconsin monument is located at the northwest corner of the stockade and more or less dominates the prison site landscape.

It is constructed of Georgia granite, the top being surmounted by a large American eagle cast in bronze.

 
A large stone munument with an eagle statue located at the top.
The Wisconsin Monument is a primary feature of the northwest corner of the prison site.

NPS/Andersonville NHS

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Andersonville National Cemetery
National Prisoner of War Museum
496 Cemetery Road

Andersonville, GA 31711

Phone:

(229) 924-0343
Main park phone number.

Contact Us