In 1928, the Woman's Relief Corps wrote a letter to Congress requesting permission to erect a monument at Andersonville bearing two bronze tablets - one bearing the Gettysburg Address and the other bearing General Logan's 1868 Memorial Day order. A bill authorizing this monument was approved by Congress and signed into Law by President Hoover on February 28, 1929.
The new monument was dedicated on Memorial Day 1929, and is the second to last monument dedicated at the site by the Woman's Relief Corps. The Lincoln-Logan monument can be found in the second row of monuments in the northwest corner of the prison site.
Last updated: April 14, 2015