Emergency phone: 911
Be prepared. While hiking remember to bring:
- Water; at least 20 oz (.6 L)
- Adequate clothing (rain jacket and warm layers)
- First aid kit
- Be careful while walking near cliff ledges.
- Tell someone your plans.
- Remain in one place if you become separated from your group.
- Check for ticks. Wear long pants and use insect repellent.
- Poison ivy is found throughout Acadia. Learn to identify and avoid it.
- Drive safely and wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Do not drink and drive.
- When in doubt, ask a ranger first!