|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Christie Anastasia, 207-288-8806
BAR HARBOR, MAINE – The National Park Service (NPS) is inviting photographers and other artists to submit digital images for use on Acadia National Park’s 2018 annual pass. The selected image will appear on thousands of annual passes purchased by visitors from all over the country. The winner will receive credit and an America the Beautiful interagency annual pass ($80 value), which can be used at over 2,000 federal recreation areas nationwide.
“We welcome photographers and artists of all ages to share their talent and appreciation of Acadia’s amazing landscape by participating in this contest,” said Superintendent Kevin Schneider. “Having a new image on the annual pass each year will continue the long tradition of using art to inspire generations of visitors to Acadia.”
The NPS retains 80 percent of the fees collected from annual pass sales to invest in critical improvements that directly benefit visitors at Acadia National Park, including maintaining and enhancing visitor facilities. The annual pass revenues are also essential for funding the operation of the Island Explorer bus system, which serves Acadia and its surrounding communities. The annual pass costs $50 and is valid at Acadia National Park for one year from the month of purchase.
Contest submission requirements:
- Images must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with PHOTO CONTEST in the subject line) by 4 pm on Friday, November 3, 2017. The email must include your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and the location of the image.
- Images must represent Acadia National Park.
- Images may be photographs or original artwork.
- Images must be suitable for formatting on a 4 x 2 inch plastic card (landscape orientation only).
- Images must be submitted in high-quality digital format with a minimum 300 DPI.
- Images should not have borders/frames, watermarks, labels, signatures, or copyright notices.
- Limit of two images per individual.
The winner will be required to sign a copyright permission form that allows the NPS to have non- exclusive rights to use the image on the annual pass and in other print or digital media at its discretion. The owner will retain copyright of the image for any other purposes. The NPS will delete the images that are not selected from its files, and all rights for their use will remain with their owners.NPS employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.