Bar Harbor, ME - The Acadia National Park annual pass sale will be held from December 1 through December 30, 2012, at the winter visitor center at park headquarters on the Eagle Lake Road, Route 233.Passes will be sold at half price for $20, and must be obtained in person with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. No phone orders will be taken. The winter visitor center will be open every day except December 24, 25, and 31, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The annual passes will also be available for $20 at the Gouldsboro, Mt. Desert, and Tremont town offices from December 3 through December 31. Passes must be paid for by check or cash only, not by credit card. No phone orders will be taken.
The Gouldsboro town office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Tremont town office is open from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. The Mt. Desert town office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. All will be closed on December 25. Call ahead for hours on December 24 and 31.
Acadia annual passes will also be sold for $20 at the annual Bar Harbor Village Holidays & Midnight Madness Sale on December 7, from 8 p.m. to midnight, at the Acadia information site located on the Village Green.
Acadia National Park annual passes are valid for one year from the month of purchase. The annual pass is part of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act, which enables the park to retain 80% of fees collected through sales of passes and the collection of entrance fees. These funds pay for needed repairs and projects to improve visitor services and facilities such as the accessible trail on top of Cadillac Mountain. The remaining 20% benefits other National Park Service sites.
For more information about the annual pass sale, call 207-288-3338, extension 0.
Last updated: February 26, 2015