|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Sandy Brue, 270.358.3137
Spring 2009 Schedule of Events
Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site is still recovering from damage caused by the January 2009 ice-storm. Some areas of the Birthplace and the Boyhood Home units remain closed. Spring programming will begin April 4, 2009
- April 4, 2009 – Boyhood Home: Knob Creek Farm will be staffed Sat. & Sun. between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- April 4, 2009 – Birthplace Unit - Ranger lead guided tours will be offered Sat. and Sun. 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- April 19 thru May 2 – Birthplace Unit – “Name That Park” contest in honor of National Park week – identify NPS units from around the country and win a prize
- April 25 – National Junior Ranger Day – all participants will receive a badge, patch and other materials
- May 25 - Memorial Day - Birthplace Unit – Costumed interpretive program “Young Abe” – programs 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Beginning Memorial Day thru Labor Day:
- The Birthplace will be open daily 8 a.m. until 6:45 p.m.
- Four tours will be offered daily – 10 a.m., 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Boyhood Home: Knob Creek Farm staffed daily
8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
All programs are free and open to the public – no admission