Click here for a 2-page pdf file that describes the trails and provides a sketch map of Redwood Canyon.
Backpackers in Redwood Canyon are expected to know and follow the guidelines for minimum impact camping. In addition, the following special restrictions apply:
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Maximum stay is two nights.
- No camping within one mile (1.6 km) of the trailhead.
- No wood fires are permitted in Redwood Canyon; bring a backpacking stove.
- Bears are frequently seen in this area. There are no bear boxes in Redwood Canyon. You must store your food in a bear-proof canister or hang it according to the counter-balance method.
- Cattle occasionally wander into Redwood Canyon from grazing allotments on the adjacent Sequoia National Forest. If you see cattle in Redwood Canyon, please notify a park ranger.