Do you need a day or more on the river?
We want to help you plan a trip!
Get ready for eagles and smallmouth bass, rapids and riffles, intimate backwaters and big-river experiences. Your encounter with the St. Croix and Namekagon rivers can stretch over 250 miles!
Where to begin? This "Plan Your Visit" section will get you started:
- Basic Information includes what you need to know about fees and passes, reservations, river conditions, weather, and a list of outfitters who can help you get out there.
- The maps you will need are under Directions and Transportation.
- Thing to Do provides you information about paddling, camping, fishing, hiking, and more.
- If you need help deciding where to go, Trip Itineraries points out some great river stretches.
- Find out about ranger programs and events on the Calendar.
- Be prepared for a fun trip by thinking about Safety first.
- Accessibility outlines special features.
- If you want more, Nearby Attractions is the page about the valley.