Natchitoches' first Protestant church began in 1839 and this building was constructed in 1857.
The church building is a Romanesque structure with typical features such as semicircular arches.
This church was completed in 1889 while the first Catholic church was within the fort.
This building was the third church for its congregation.
Magnolia Plantation Home, a National Historic Landmark, is the area's largest. The original house was constructed in the 1830's, burned by the Union Army and rebuilt in the 1890's.
Last Updated: 05/20/2013