All cave tours are ranger guided. All tours are considered moderate to very strenuous and involve walking up and down stairs and occasional low ceilings. Cave tours are not recommended for anyone with claustrophobia, heart or respiratory conditions, recent surgeries or illnesses, or other physical limitations. There are no restroom facilities in the cave.
Cave Tour Safety:
- A light jacket or sweatshirt is recommended for all tours. The cave temperature is a constant 54°F (12°C).
- Wear low-heeled walking shoes with non-slip soles. Sandals are not recommended on the standard walking tours and are not permitted on the Candlelight or Wild Cave Tours.
- Food, drink, candy, gum, tobacco products, and walking sticks are not permitted on any cave tour.
- Backpacks, large bags or purses, handbags, and baby backpacks are not permitted in the cave. Front packs for babies are allowed.
- Flash photography is allowed on standard walking tours, but tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks are not. Cameras are not permitted on the Candlelight Tour or the Wild Cave Tour.
- No pets are allowed in the cave. Certified service dogs are allowed on the standard walking tours only. Emotional support animals are not service animals and are not allowed in the cave.
For the protection of the cave, please do not touch the cave, remove cave rocks or formations, or step off the trail.