Permits & Reservations

A ranger with a family in a dim cave passage, all are holding candle buckets.
Two cave tours, the Candlelight and Wild Cave tours, require reservations.

NPS Photo / Sheena Harper



Cave Tours

Reservations are accepted for schools or large groups that would like to take part in any of the cave tours.

Call 605-745-4600 for group information or reservations.


Backcountry Camping

All backcountry campers must have a backcountry use permit in their possession. These free permits can be obtained at the visitor center information desk. Permits provide a measure of safety for backpackers in the event of an emergency as well as help park managers monitor potential impacts to sensitive resources.

Other Permits

Special Use Permits and Filming / Photography Permits - Information for those interested in holding special events at the park, and for those interested in special use photography and commercial filming at Wind Cave National Park.


Last updated: March 23, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

26611 US Highway 385
Hot Springs, SD 57747


(605) 745-4600

Contact Us