The South Carolina State Memorial is located in front of Vicksburg High School on former park property along south Confederate Avenue in the City of Vicksburg. The memorial was constructed of Winnsboro South Carolina Granite and dedicated November 22, 1935. It was sponsored by the South Carolina United Daughters of the Confederacy (U.D.C.) and cost $4900. South Carolina had eleven commands in the Campaign and Defense of Vicksburg, all of which were in Johnston's Army.