The New Hampshire State Memorial is located at Grant Circle, on Grant Avenue approximately 75 yards east of General U.S. Grant's Statue. It is composed of rough granite and stands twenty feet tall. The monument lists the New Hampshire regiments who participated in the Vicksburg Campaign. It was erected in November 1904 at a cost of $5000 by the State of New Hampshire. There was no formal dedication and the memorial was accepted by the Federal government on April 20, 1906.