Iowa State Memorial
The Iowa State Memorial is located on the South Loop, Union Avenue at milepost 15.3 of the park tour road. It was dedicated on November 15, 1906, and construction completed in 1912 at a cost of $100,000. The memorial was constructed of Vermont white granite. The Greek-Doric structure is semi-ellipsed with six bronze relief panels which depict successive engagements in the Vicksburg Campaign. The sculptured works were made of bronze by H.H. Kitson.
Iowa State Monument bronze plaques as depicted in "Vicksburg for the Tourist" published by the Illinois Central System Passenger Department, ca. 1929-1930.
Last updated: April 14, 2015