Guibor's Battery Missouri Artillery
Monument located on the north side of Confederate Avenue, approximately 0.5 miles east of the Tennessee Memorial. Also an iron tablet located on the north side of Confederate Avenue, approximately 0.5 miles east of the Tennessee Memorial, and a multiple iron tablet located outside of Vicksburg National Military Park, on former park property in the City of Vicksburg, at the southeast corner of Mission 66 and Indiana Avenue.
This unit was attached to Col. Francis M. Cockrell's 1st Brigade, of Brig. Gen. John S. Bowen's Division, Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton's Army of Vicksburg, and commanded by Capt. Henry Guibor (wounded 29 April 1863), Lt. William Corkery, and Lt. Cornelius Hefferman. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume II, pages 316, 407, 645, and 688; and Volume III, pages 780, 784-5, 871, and 967.]
Last updated: April 14, 2015