Columbus Battery Georgia Artillery

Columbus Battery Regimental Monument
Columbus Battery Regimental Monument

NPS Photo

Multiple monument located outside of Vicksburg National Military Park, on former park property, at the southeast corner of Confederate Avenue and Hall’s Ferry Road in the City of Vicksburg. This unit was attached to Maj. W.C. Preston’s Reserve Artillery of Gen. Joseph E. Johnston’s Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Capt. Edward Croft. [Refer to Edwin Bearss’ The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, page 1152.]

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Phone:

(601) 636-0583

Contact Us