Bridges' [Arkansas] Cavalry Battalion

No Marker Placed
No Marker Placed
This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. J. W. Whitfield’s 2d Brigade, of Brig. Gen. William H. (Red) Jackson’s Cavalry Division, Gen. Joseph E. Johnston’s Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Maj. Henry W. Bridges. Gen. Jackson’s division was ordered from the Department of Tennessee about 26 May 1863, and headquartered near Canton, MS on 4 June 1863, at Vernon, MS on 13, 18, 21, and 23 June 1863. [Refer to Edwin Bearss’ The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, page 1152.]

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Phone:

(601) 636-0583

Contact Us