96th Ohio Infantry
Monument is located in front of the Visitor Center parking area. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Stephen G. Burbridge's 1st Brigade, of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Joseph W. Vance.
Last updated: April 14, 2015