8th Iowa Infantry
Monument located on Graveyard Road, 100 yards west of Union Avenue Also a marker designating the assaults of 22 May 1863, located on Union Avenue 100' beyond the intersection of Union Avenue and Graveyard Road, and a marker designating a sharpshooter's line 500' north of Graveyard Road behind the Jenney Relief Portrait. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Charles L. Matthies & Col. J. J. Woods 3rd Brigade of Brig. Gen. James M. Tuttle's 3rd Division, Maj. Gen'ls William T. Sherman & Frederick Steele's XV Army Corps and was commanded by Col. James L. Geddes.