Known as "The Greyhounds," this monument is located on Union Avenue just beyond the Memorial Arch. Also, a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located on Confederate Avenue opposite the Jewish Cemetery. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Stephen G. Burbridge's 1st Brigade, of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Frederick W. Moore.
Last updated: April 14, 2015