Multiple monument located on the south side of Confederate Avenue at the Tennessee Memorial. This unit was attached as escort to Brig. Gen. William H. (Red) Jackson's Cavalry Division, Gen. Joseph E. Johnston's Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Capt. W.F. Taylor and Lt. J.W. Sneed. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, page 1152.]
Gen. Jackson's division was ordered from the Department of Tennessee about 26 May 1863, and headquartered near Canton, MS, on 4 June 1863, and at Vernon, MS, on 13, 18, 21, and 23 June 1863.
7th Tennessee Cavalry, Company A
Last updated: April 14, 2015