67th Indiana Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue near the Visitor Center parking area. Also a marker designating the assaults of 22 May 1863, located on Confederate Ave. at the Jewish Cemetery; markers designating sharpshooter's lines within 100 feet of the Memorial Arch, on Confederate Avenue opposite the Jewish Cemetery, and a marker designating the camp site located 10 feet west of the Memorial Arch. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Stephen G. Burbridge's 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Lt. Col. Theodore F. Buehler.
Last updated: April 14, 2015