Monument is located on Union Avenue, approximately 150 yards south of Grant Avenue. Also a marker designating the assault of 19 May 1863, located on the ridge on the south side of Graveyard Road 400 ft east of the Stockade Redan. This unit was attached to Col. Thomas Kilby Smith's and Brig. Gen. Joseph A.J. Lightburn's (assumed command 24 May 1864) 2d Brigade, of Maj. Gen. Francis P. Blair's 2d Division, Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Lt. Col. Cyrus W. Fisher.
54th Ohio Infantry
Last updated: April 14, 2015