54th Indiana Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue 250 yards south of the Iowa Memorial. Also a marker designating a sharpshooter's line off Union Avenue in the woods behind Lauman's Bust at the straight section of the tour road beyond Park Tour Stop #15. This unit was attached to Col. Daniel W. Lindsey's 2nd Brigade of Brig. Gen. Peter J. Osterhaus' 9th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Fielding Mansfield.
Last updated: April 14, 2015