4th Indiana Cavalry, Company C
Monument located on Union Avenue just west of the Memorial Arch. This unit was attached as headquarters escort to Brig. Gen. Andrew J. Smith's 10th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Capt. Andrew P. Gallagher.
Last updated: April 14, 2015