47th Indiana Infantry
Monument located on Union Avenue north of Park Tour Stop #15. Also a markers designating sharpshooter's lines located between Union Avenue and Confederate Avenue southwest of Park Tour Stop #15 and on the south fork of the ridge in the mowed bay on the east side of Confederate Avenue in front of the Tracy bust; a marker designating the camp site located on Union Avenue at the straight section of the tour road past Park Tour Stop #15. This unit was attached to Col. James R. Slack's 2nd Brigade of Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Lt. Col. John A. McLaughlin.
Last updated: April 14, 2015