46th Indiana Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue 100 yards south of Fort Garrott. Also a marker designating a sharpshooter's line located between Union Avenue and Confederate Avenue southwest of Park Tour Stop #15 and a marker designating the camp site located on Union Avenue at the sweeping turn between Park Tour Stops #14 & #15. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. George F. McGinnis' 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Thomas H. Bringhurst.