43d Mississippi Infantry

43d Mississippi Infantry Regimental Monument
43d Mississippi Infantry Regimental Monument

NPS Photo

Monument located on Confederate Avenue 300 yards north of Pemberton Avenue. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Louis Hébert's 1st Brigade, of Maj. Gen. John H. Forney's Division, Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton's Army of Vicksburg, and commanded by Col. Richard Harrison. A battalion of the regiment was attached to Brig. Gen. Matthew D. Ector's Brigade, of Maj. Gen. William H.T. Walker's Division, Gen. Joseph E. Johnston's Army of Relief, Department of the West, and commanded by Capt. M. Pounds. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, pages 870, 965, and 1151.]
 
43d Mississippi Infantry Marker
43d Mississippi Infantry Marker

NPS Photo

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Phone:

(601) 636-0583

Contact Us