3d Battery Ohio Light Artillery
Monument and iron tablets located on Union Avenue at Tour Stop #1, Battery DeGolyer. This unit was attached to Maj. Gen. John A. Logan's 3d Division, Maj. Gen. James B. McPherson's XVII Army Corps.
Later, the battery was attached to Brig. Gen. John McArthur's Provisional Division, Maj. Gen'l Cadwallader C. Washburn's XVI Army Corps (Detachment), on Maj. Gen'l William T. Sherman's exterior line. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, page 1149.]
Last updated: April 14, 2015