34th Indiana Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue 100 yards south of Fort Garrott. Also a marker designating a sharpshooter's line located on the southwest corner of Indiana Avenue and Churchill Drive, and a marker designating the camp site located on the northeast corner of Indiana Avenue and North Frontage Road. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. George F. McGinnis' 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Col. Robert A. Cameron & Lt. Col. William Swain.
Last updated: April 14, 2015