Multiple monument located on Union Avenue west of the Navy Memorial opposite Steele's Statue. Also a marker designating a sharpshooters' line on Union Avenue east of the Navy Memorial. This unit was attached to Colonels Francis H. Manter's and Bernard G. Farrar's (assumed command 13 June 1863) 1st Brigade of Maj. Gen. Frederick Steel's and Brig. Gen. John M. Thayer's 1st Division, Maj. Gen'ls William T. Sherman's and Frederick Steele's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Francis H. Manter and Maj. Abraham J. Seay.
Last updated: April 14, 2015