30th Ohio Infantry
Monument is located on Union Avenue, 100 yards south of Graveyard Road. Also a marker designating the assault of 22 May 1863, located 100 ft west of Union Avenue near the salient point of the Stockade Redan. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Hugh Ewing's 3d Brigade of Maj. Gen. Francis P. Blair's 2d Division, Maj. Gen'ls William T. Sherman's and Frederick Steel's XV Army Corps, and commanded by Lt. Col. George H. Hildt and Col. Theodore Jones.