This unit was attached to Col. Edward Hatch's 2nd Brigade of Col. John K. Mizner's Cavalry Division of Brig. Gen. Grenville M. Dodge's 2nd Division, Maj. Gen. Richard J. Oglesby's Left Wing, XVI Army Corps, District of Corinth headquartered at LaGrange, TN and was commanded by Col. Edward Hatch & Maj. D.E. Coon. The regiment participated in the first part of Grierson's Raid from LaGrange, TN in April 1863.
Last updated: April 14, 2015