29th Wisconsin Infantry

29th Wisconsin Infantry Regimental Marker
29th Wisconsin Infantry Regimental Marker

NPS Photo

Monument is located on Union Avenue, 250 yards south of Fort Garrott. This unit was attached to Col. William T. Spicely and Brig. Gen. George F. McGinnis' 1st Brigade of Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand's (relieved of command 19 June 1863) and Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps, and commanded by Col. Charles R. Gill and Lt. Col. William A. Green. [Refer to pages 410 and 411, Volume 2 of the WPA Monumentation Survey Books.]

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Phone:

(601) 636-0583

Contact Us