1st West Tennessee Infantry [African Descent]

No Marker Placed
No Marker Placed
This unit was merged into the 6th Tennessee Cavalry, later redesignated as the 1st West Tennessee Cavalry, and attached to Col. Edward Hatch's 2d Brigade, of Col. John K. Mizner's Cavalry Division, of Brig. Gen. Grenville M. Dodge's 2d Division, Maj. Gen. Richard J. Oglesby's Left Wing, XVI Army Corps, District of Corinth, headquartered at LaGrange, TN, and commanded by Lt. Col. William T. Wilson and Col. Fielding Hurst. [Refer to Edwin Bearss' The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume III, page 1142.]

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183


(601) 636-0583

Contact Us