1st Indiana Cavalry, Company C
Monument located on Union Avenue just beyond Park Tour Stop # 15. This unit was attached as headquarters escort to Brig. Gen. Alvin P. Hovey's 12th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Lt. James L. Carey.
Last updated: April 14, 2015