1st Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
Monument is located on Clay Street opposite the entrance to Vicksburg National Military Park. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Eugene A. Carr's 14th Division, Maj. Gen'ls John A. McClernand (relieved of command 19 June 1863) & Edward O.C. Ord's XIII Army Corps and was commanded by Capt. Martin Klauss.
Last updated: April 14, 2015