1st Arkansas Cavalry Battalion [Dismounted]

1st Arkansas Cavalry Battalion Position Marker
1st Arkansas Cavalry Battalion Position Marker

NPS Photo

Iron tablet located on Confederate Avenue south of the Arkansas Memorial. Also a multiple iron tablet located in the northeast end of the Anshe Chesed Jewish Cemetery. This unit was attached to Brig. Gen. Martin E. Green’s (killed in action 27 June 1863) and Col. Thomas P. Dockery’s 2d Brigade, of Maj. Gen. John S. Bowen’s Division, Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton’s Army of Vicksburg, and commanded by Capt. W. S. Catterson and Capt. John J. Clark. [Refer to Edwin Bearss’ The Vicksburg Campaign, Volume II, pages 316, 645, and 688 and Volume III, pages 871 and 967.]
 
Baldwin's Ferry Road Lunette Position Tablet
Baldwin's Ferry Road Lunette Position Tablet

NPS Photo


Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3201 Clay Street
Vicksburg, MS 39183

Phone:

(601) 636-0583

Contact Us